Instagram

Monday 25 January 2016

A vegan option in the countryside

I've been here a week. There are no vegan cafés, no health food shops selling vegan frozen food, no vegan ice cream! But finally I have found something I can eat in the countryside. 


Baked potato and beans with no butter and salad, I didn't eat the coleslaw. Yes it's basic but at least I can enjoy a meal out with my grandad. I had it with my standard green tea- people keep asking me if I want milk with it, so veganism is definitely not well known here yet but maybe one day. Until then at least I can eat. Sadly in some places you will only be able to get basic meals but at least you can adapt options to suit you, by taking away the butter from this option it was made vegan. You can look out for ways to take dairy, eggs and meat out of food options to see if it will be suitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment