Instagram

Monday 9 May 2016

Why I am slowly changing to an organic lifestlye

Every time I shop I'm looking for organic options and if I can afford them I buy them. I would love everything I buy to be organic but at the moment it is a slow process. 

The main reason I want to go organic is for my health, in my opinion organic food is healthier and better for your body, how can it not be when it doesn't contain pesticides and is GMO free. Organic food is often fresher as well and the way it is farmed is better for the environment. 

One of the great things about organic food is that it is traceable to the farm where it was grown, you know exactly where your food has come from and what has gone into making it. The farming practises of organic food also follow legal rules meaning you can trust in the process. 

Organic food is also scientifically proven to be better for you. Organic crops contain 68% more antioxidants than non organic and organic fruit and vegetables contain less pesticides and less toxic metals. 

To find out more about the benefits of organic food check out: https://www.soilassociation.org/organic-living/why-organic/

The problem with organic food is the cost, it is more expensive than none organic food. This is usually the case, when something is healthier it tends to be more expensive. However I believe that good food and your health is something worth investing in and hopefully an organic lifestyle will become cheaper as stores like Aldi are introducing more organic food into the stores. Having budget stores like this sell organic food at prices similar to standard fruit and vegetables at other shops finally means a fully organic lifestyle is manageable. 

I personally find that the organic food I have tried is tastier and fresher. It also feels good knowing that you are not filling your body with toxins. I am slowly learning where to buy organic products from and trying new foods all the time. It is also a good idea to look out for reduced organic food in supermarkets, because the products are more expensive they often don't get sold quickly so products nearing their sell buy date are frequently marked down. This is one way to shop organic on a budget and try these foods to see if you can taste the difference. 

To find out more about Aldi's organic products click here: https://corporate.aldi.co.uk/en/responsibility/resources-for-our-products/organic/

I will also be reviewing more organic food in the future so stay tuned and try organic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment